Gaining access to quality healthcare seems to be one of the biggest challenges for a lot of people. With the increasing costs of hospital bills, medicine, and other forms of treatment, people continue to face the challenge of improving their health. These challenges also affect medical practitioners and other staff working in the healthcare industry. Good thing, technology has opened up opportunities to help people provide and access quality healthcare. With convenient tools and equipment, people will have better chances of addressing health concerns without worrying about costs and other factors.
Technological Advancements in Healthcare
Technological innovations and breakthroughs in medicine and health provide excellent benefits to patients and healthcare workers. Aside from the increased efficiency and reliability of these tools, modern strategies also offer new ways of treating health conditions. With this, doctors, nurses, and other healthcare providers find it easier to perform their jobs. Patients also have the opportunity to gain access to quality and real-time healthcare services. The following are some of the most remarkable breakthroughs in the world of healthcare and medicine:
- Telemedicine—Receiving medical care is less stressful and less time-consuming, thanks to telemedicine, also known as telehealth. This technological innovation allows patients to access medical records, book appointments, and even get medical advice through digital services. You can find telemedicine in different parts of the world. Most hospitals and clinics are already using this tool to assist patients and healthcare employees.
- Wearable devices—Monitoring your personal health is more convenient, especially if you rely on wearable medical devices. These modern gadgets help you monitor your health, such as heart rate and calorie count. These devices can also send real-time health reports to physicians, especially when detecting abnormalities in blood pressure or heart rhythms.
- Virtual reality—The global market size of Virtual Reality has reached $6.1 billion in 2020. By 2025, it’s expected to reach a whopping $20.9 billion. Thus, there is no reason why the healthcare industry won’t join use this modern innovation to improve their services. With virtual reality, healthcare providers can ease a patient’s anxiety about taking medicine or getting treatments. Healthcare workers can provide a virtual scenario of how they can receive health assistance. For instance, trauma patients can immerse themselves in situations that often trigger their fear, anxiety, and depression. With repetitive exposure, patients are expected to overcome their trauma.
- Artificial Intelligence—Artificial intelligence helps healthcare workers automate some of their tasks. This includes reminding patients to take their medicine or informing them about their appointments. AI also helps assist patient concerns through automated responses. Health experts can use chatbots on their websites and social media pages to answer patient inquiries. This also provides a convenient way to focus on more urgent tasks without worrying too much about client inquiries and concerns.
- CRISPR—Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats is an advanced technology that helps with gene-editing. With this, genes can be modified to decrease the possibility of catching viruses, getting cancer, HIV, and other severe health conditions. CRISPR remains one of the complex tools in healthcare. With its continuous improvements and advancements, medical experts aim to find solutions to incurable diseases and other complex health issues.
- Social media—Using social media marketing helps healthcare providers promote their brand. Posting videos, photos, and articles help healthcare experts market their products or services. Aside from promoting their brand, healthcare workers can also help educate people about improving their health. They can post quick tips on how people can take care of their physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Patients can also join social media groups and communities for people who need mental and emotional support. This helps them find connections with people struggling with similar symptoms, such as anxiety and depression. However, it’s still recommended to seek expert help, especially if you struggle to manage your emotions and symptoms.
- Mobile applications— People can now download software and mobile applications to improve their health. With mobile apps, patients who are too busy to visit hospitals and clinics can access quick healthcare tips. There are also mobile apps that allow patients to consult doctors without the need for face-to-face appointments. Therapists and physicians can talk to patients via video calls, chat messaging, or even exchanging emails.
These innovative tools and advanced strategies will continue to provide excellent benefits to people in different parts of the world. With the rapid growth of technology, the healthcare industry will continue observing remarkable improvements in assisting and treating patients. People with health conditions can also take advantage of technological innovations to look for reliable and high-quality health care service providers. Hopefully, continuous technological advancements will also contribute to providing people with more affordable medicine and treatment options.